This camp is designed for hockey players (boys and girls) who are looking to become faster, more agile, have greater edge control, and advance their shooting techniques. This 7-week camp with focus on the 5 major aspects of the stride with the end goal of maximizing stride power and strength through focusing on stride length, increasing stride width, posture and hip flexion, and stride efficiency. Each week will build upon the last, ensuring continual progression and development.
- Initial skate contact- proper alignment is the key focus during initial weight acceptance.
- Single support gliding- provide a stable base and foundation so the opposite leg can move without unnecessary movements.
- Single support propulsion-generate the greatest amount of power and acceleration.
- Terminal Stride- (last point of skate contact)- full extension of the hip, knee, and ankle.
- Recovery- Recovery sets the skater up to do it all again.
This camp will also focus on the technical aspects of shooting: hand positioning, weight transfer, utilizing stick flex, and release point. Game-like scenarios will be implemented to increase goal scoring IQ:
- Shooting in stride
- Reacting to rebounds
- Shooting off passes
- Shot deception-changing shot angles.
- Tuesday evenings
- 7:10 PM - 8:30 PM: 7/11, 7/18, 7/25, 8/1, 8/8, 8/15
- 8:10PM - 9:30PM - 8/22
- Birth Years: 2004 - 2009
- Location: Rodman Ice Arena - 2130 Providence Hwy, Walpole, MA 02081
- Limited to 16 skaters and 1 goalie to maximize reps and allow for the attention needed to ensure proper techniques and corrective teaching.
- Registration Fee: $425